Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Annie's English School

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Re: Annie's English School

Postby antarcticbeech » 06 Oct 2014, 18:33

greves wrote:
antarcticbeech wrote:I work in the same building but don't know any of the teachers there. A couple of my adult students have worked there in the past as teaching assistants. I get the impression everything is legit and professional. When I see the staff in the elevator they seem reasonably gruntled.

Lolwut?... there's more than 1 Annie's.

"I got a job at HESS."

"Oh cool, I work in the same building!"

Yeah, I don't pay attention to this kind of thing. No one else was replying and the thread was heading towards . . . the abyss! :eek: And seeing as I do work in the same building as an :D Annie’s School and do, in fact, know a couple of people quite well who have worked for the company in the past I thought I’d reply with something. More to bump the topic up to the top of the board and show a modicum of friendliness to a newcomer than anything else. Hearing the school is professional enough to organize a working visa and put money in your bank account at the end of the month is better than nothing.

Don't they usually open new MRT lines before the New Year? To paraphrase Dr McCoy, that might mean it's the last chance to see Linkou before it is contaminated by the influence of civilization.
X
antarcticbeech
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

Postby Changsta » 12 Jun 2016, 23:35

How has your job been? I have an interview on Monday and was curious on other teacher's impressions of the school.
Changsta
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Ermintrude » 13 Jun 2016, 10:55

InStride247 wrote:antarticbeech: I got very excited when I read your post about MRT access. Unfortunately, there are multiple Annie English Schools. My main post is New Taipei City, Linko District, Minquan Road, #66. My recruiter says that a nearby line should be completed by the end of the month. Any knowledge on this? Google Maps doesn't show much on this fact.

Hokwongwei: I have read many horror stories of English teachers being forced to work many extra, unpaid hours. Fortunately, I am scheduled for 27.5 hours a week. My recruiter says I will need some unpaid prep time, longer to begin with of course. Other than that, there are two special days I will have to attend unpaid. I hope with the reputation and credibility I am reading about my school that I won't be forced, begrudgingly, into many extra hours that leave me feeling slighted.

That's a crazily high amount of contact hours so I'm assuming they don't expect much from you in the way of prep or marking. If you assume a 37.5 hour week, 10 hours a week isn't much time to get much done unless you are just standing around going through some book in class.
'And we'll hide from the cunts, on our night reconnaissance'.
Ermintrude
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Teaching English in Taiwan