Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

List of Agencies and what you should know about them

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Re: List of Agencies and what you should know about them

Postby Lighthouse » 09 Aug 2012, 21:54

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE ----- HE IS STILL ACTIVE

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=72808
Lighthouse
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

In Taiwan since: 01 Jan 2012

Postby ake » 30 Oct 2012, 18:52

Toe Save wrote:
ACI on the other hand does not vet its clients very well. I ended up taking a gig thru them a few years back and ended up having to sue the bastard they hooked me up with.

I couldn't agree more. Candy from ACI set me up with a job in Taoyuan and it's been a nightmare from day one. Nearly everything that ACI told me about the employer has turned out to be untrue.

Even though I was lied to from the start, since I'm quitting and 'breaking the contract', they're still trying to make me pay the school's 10,000 NT cancellation fee. ACI claims it 'fully performed its duty,' so I'm out their fee as well.

tl;dr Thanks to ACI, I'm leaving Taiwan with LESS MONEY than when I started. Candy is a terrible recruiter, ACI is a bad company.
ake
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby bigduke6 » 30 Oct 2012, 22:04

IMHO opinion, any agency advertising illegal jobs should be banned from this site. The main perp seems to be Asian Consultants.

Unless of course, they are willing to state in their ads that the kindy they are advertising is an illegal job. :ohreally:
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
bigduke6
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

Recruiters for NET ESL Positions in Taiwan

Postby Bajanwoman75804 » 04 Dec 2012, 05:45

Hello All!
I want to know can anyone recommend reputable recruiters to find an ESL position in Taiwan as
a Native English Teacher. I'm looking to begin work either in late August or early September. Thank you
in advance, for your help. Have a pleasant week.

Sincerely,

Nia
Bajanwoman75804

Postby CPT » 05 Feb 2013, 11:32

Has anyone worked with a recruiter Bryan Wu?
CPT

Postby Doraemon2008 » 13 Aug 2013, 13:44

Bryan Wu's jobs are mostly ones no one wants, because it is always the same ad over and over again for the same school, if those schools are good, they wouldn't need a replacement every 3 months or so.

Also, ACI used to have Julie running the show, she got a lot of negative feedbacks so her name don't get pop up that often anymore, this might be her tactic of stay low key and use different names just to draw the google search negative reviews away, but yeah, ACI's Candy also got pretty bad reviews. Foreigners would be better off and making more money themselves just finding jobs own their own.
Doraemon2008

Postby bigduke6 » 13 Aug 2013, 19:08

Did you ever get a job from Bryan Wu?

I got a decent gig from him over a year ago, and it is at a decent school.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
bigduke6

Postby Doraemon2008 » 14 Aug 2013, 01:13

I went to interviews set up by him, which was a school that don't even have AC on during the summer, oh yeah, it's not Bryan's problem, it's the schools, but again, it was set up by Bryan...so where is the decent school you're talking about? Would you be able to elaborate on that one? He posts on many facebook groups for the same jobs over and over again within 2-3 months, don't tell me those school have a teacher finish up their contract every 2-3 months now.
Doraemon2008

Postby bigduke6 » 14 Aug 2013, 07:34

Doraemon2008 wrote:I went to interviews set up by him, which was a school that don't even have AC on during the summer, oh yeah, it's not Bryan's problem, it's the schools, but again, it was set up by Bryan...so where is the decent school you're talking about? Would you be able to elaborate on that one? He posts on many facebook groups for the same jobs over and over again within 2-3 months, don't tell me those school have a teacher finish up their contract every 2-3 months now.

I really do not know about the current positions he is posting?

My dealings with him were over a year ago, and the school is decent. All the A/C you want. :discodance:
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
bigduke6

Postby teachenglish » 17 Aug 2013, 10:00

Agencies are not out to scam people. They are basically the middleman. You're new to Taiwan and they can help you find a job quickly. They show you lots of schools, some are junk, some are golden. You choose the schools eventually, so don't be blaming the agencies. I'm just saying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD
teachenglish

In Taiwan since: 04 May 1982

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Teaching English in Taiwan