Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Tailingua: An Introduction to Taiwanese

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Postby Taffy » 23 Oct 2007, 14:45

Huang Guang Chen wrote:Mind you I'm not one for writing Taiwanese, but I would like something better for Pinyin inputting Chinese than what XP and Mac offer. I find the Mac in particular a dumb sluggish piece of crap.

For inputting Chinese on OS X, the best system hands-down is QIM (you at the back - stop sniggering). It costs cash-money, but if you type Chinese on a regular basis it's well worth it, I feel. It's very well put together and has loads of useful features. There's lots of information about and discussion of using Chinese on a Mac at Yale University's Chinesemac site.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 23 Oct 2007, 14:57

Taffy wrote:
Huang Guang Chen wrote:Mind you I'm not one for writing Taiwanese, but I would like something better for Pinyin inputting Chinese than what XP and Mac offer. I find the Mac in particular a dumb sluggish piece of crap.

For inputting Chinese on OS X, the best system hands-down is QIM (you at the back - stop sniggering). . .

:lol: Erhm, but being mature and ready readers of pinyin we recognise it as "chim", right?

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Taffy » 23 Oct 2007, 15:09

Huang Guang Chen wrote:
Taffy wrote:For inputting Chinese on OS X, the best system hands-down is QIM (you at the back - stop sniggering). . .

:lol: Erhm, but being mature and ready readers of Pinyin we recognise it as "chim", right?

HG

Naturally, naturally...
Taffy

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby almas john » 23 Oct 2007, 15:22

Excellent site Taffy. Nice and uncluttered, and the large font is good for an old drunk like me.

I'm sure your wife is happy that you have found a new internet-related hobby. :twisted:
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

Postby Taffy » 23 Oct 2007, 15:35

almas john wrote:I'm sure your wife if happy that you have found a new internet-related hobby. :twisted:

You mean she gets to watch her Korean soaps in silence without me constantly criticising the appalling acting? She's thrilled, believe me. :lol:
Taffy

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Tailingua: An Introduction to Taiwanese

Postby Guenter » 02 Jan 2010, 00:22

Hi, it seems to have been a long time since anyone posted here. About time to get it going again. I've been learning Taiwanese in private lessons at Maryknoll's in Taipei since April 2009 and I'm interested in exchange with other enthusiasts.
Cheers and Tai7 ke1 ka1 iu5!
Günter
Guenter
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Learning Chinese