Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Who is Chinese? Is there a Chinese DNA required?

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC Passport and Military Conscription issues
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Who is Chinese? Is there a Chinese DNA required?

Postby PeiAn » 31 Mar 2004, 16:29

I'm still trying to find out if some of my ancestors are Chinese or not, if I'm a 7th generation Chinese I have less than 1% Chinese blood in me, but this apparently enough?

According to the laws only people with Chinese ancestors can apply for Citizenship without giving up their current citizenship.

Questions:
1. Can I get a blood transfusion to get "chinese blood"? If so how much is required?
2. Do all Chinese people have common gene making them Chinese? If so is this gene mentioned in the law and only people with this gene can apply for passport?
3. Has anyone sued the Taiwanese government for racism or separatism on skin color?
4. If Taiwan has got a few lawsuits like these from foreigners with APRCs would that hurt Taiwan in a bid for UN or WHO? :twisted:
5. It's very hard to prove that I'm a 7th generation Chinese since Sweden didn't have official records dating that far back, but no one can prove that I'm NOT 7th generation Chinese either! Maybe a DNA test?

Desperate to become Taiwanese...
PeiAn
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Chinese Vikings

Postby Juba » 31 Mar 2004, 21:32

China has a Russian ethnic minority. Russia was established by Vikings, and a lot of the Vikings came from Sweden. So try claiming that you or your forebears are Russian Chinese from Xinjiang or Heilongjiang. Come to think of it, I could try that too, being one eighth Danish.
Juba
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

Re: Who is Chinese? Is there a Chinese DNA required?

Postby Hartzell » 31 Mar 2004, 21:40

PeiAn wrote:1. Can I get a blood transfusion to get "Chinese blood"? If so how much is required?

There are only four blood types: A, B, AB, O.

PeiAn wrote:2. Do all Chinese people have common gene making them Chinese? If so is this gene mentioned in the law and only people with this gene can apply for passport?

If you examine the gene structure, you will find no difference between Chinese, Japanese, Hungarians, Bulgarians, Germans, Spanish, French, Canadians, and Eskimos.

PeiAn wrote:3. Has anyone sued the Taiwanese government for racism or separatism on skin color?

I am unaware of any legal provisions in the Taiwan law which would provide a "basis" for such a suit.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

Aren't we all Chinese?

Postby PeiAn » 02 Apr 2004, 11:38

To my knowledge the Taiwan law states that you need to have Chinese blood relation (ZhungGuoXueTong), which is something that neither a DNA nor a blood test can prove.

Do I need to provide proof that I actually have Chinese blood relatives (within 7 generations), or do they have some test that can show I'm not Chinese?

To my knowledge only Jewish religion requires you to be born by a Jewish mother. Never heard of any country that states you need to be born or a decent by a certain race.
Previously South Africa had apartheid laws against black people (wonder how Michael Jackson would be listed there...), but those laws were abandoned due to international pressure several years ago.
Is Taiwan the only country left in the world that actually separates whites from yellows?

There must be a clear statement in the law that clearly defines who is Chinese and not. If a person claims he is of Chinese decent, they should be able to prove that this person is NOT Chinese by an easy test.

Since protests are so "popular" these days, what about all the long-term foreigners in Taiwan that DO NOT have the right to vote here, let's also stage a protest and ask for ID cards!
PeiAn

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Aren't we all Chinese?

Postby Hartzell » 02 Apr 2004, 16:14

PeiAn wrote:There must be a clear statement in the law that clearly defines who is Chinese and not. If a person claims he is of Chinese decent, they should be able to prove that this person is NOT Chinese by an easy test.

It is not quite so easy . . . . . you also have to prove that you are not of PRC Chinese ancestry . . . . .

PeiAn wrote:Since protests are so "popular" these days, what about all the long-term foreigners in Taiwan that DO NOT have the right to vote here, let's also stage a protest and ask for ID cards!

According to Taiwan's Nationality Law, a foreigner must first renounce his/her original nationality . . . . . and only then are you allowed to obtain ROC nationality.
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Hartzell

Postby Spack » 02 Apr 2004, 16:20

PeiAn wrote:1. Can I get a blood transfusion to get "Chinese blood"? If so how much is required?

You've got to be kidding. [shakes head in disbelief]
Spack
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 02 Apr 2004, 16:29

Spack wrote:

You've got to be kidding. :noway:
There have been people who after having a bone marrow transplant, their blood carries the DNA of the donor.
Er.... thingy.
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

Who is Chinese?

Postby PeiAn » 02 Apr 2004, 17:35

My quest is to become Taiwanese citizen without giving up my Swedish nationality. The only way to do this legally is to prove that I'm Chinese...

Hartzell wrote that people with PRC ancestry cannot get Taiwanese citizenship? Is this true? Since I have a few ABC friends that got Taiwanese passports eventhough they never had any relation to Taiwan (their parents and grandparents were from the mainland). Can this be verified? Or do I need to prove that my ancestors are in fact aborigines from Taiwan???

A bone marrow transplant... sounds very exciting... then I really do have Chinese blood and genes!!!
One would might ask how many organs do you need to change to become Chinese? Lungs, livers, heart... Does the law state this?
So a foreigner that has a car accident might have better chance to become Chinese than one who hasn't an accident???

This immigration law would never hold up in court...
PeiAn

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Who is Chinese?

Postby Spack » 02 Apr 2004, 18:11

PeiAn wrote: One would might ask how many organs do you need to change to become Chinese? Lungs, livers, heart... Does the law state this?
So a foreigner that has a car accident might have better chance to become Chinese than one who hasn't an accident???

Is this Scandanavian humour or something?

I suggest you ingest a Chinese person to acquire the necessary volume of cells internally. 60 kilos ought to be enough.
You can advertise on the Internet for volunteers for suicide by cannibalism.
Hope that helps.
Spack

Postby Durins Bane » 02 Apr 2004, 18:15

Why on earth has this thread digressed to this drivel. :wanker:
Guns don't kill people...magic missles do.

My first level orc is smarter than your honor student.
Durins Bane
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Dual Nationality