Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Saving the Mac: how to tell if it is on or off

Moderator: Mick

Re: Saving the Mac: how to tell if it is on or off

Postby super_lucky » 28 Jul 2016, 22:13

jesus80 wrote:Super lucky, for running all that stuff at once, you just need RAM. A 50K NT PC is already more than enough for them, and the sw they use... I don't think that is NASA sw...

Right on, heyzeus-eighty. But...Icon is talking about a serious system, doing serious work, running serious programs, which require a serious amount of RAM (you're fronting on that claim - prove it), and that's all they've got, and Icon clearly cares about the operation. You're being glib, j-town. They have one machine. One. And they like it a bunch!

So now, ahem, you're upping the ante to a 50k TW machine, and I'll be straight with you, if that shit can handle all your gaming requirements with the headphones and the Bluetooth and the Taiwan Number One bullshit - you make a fantastic point. A machine is what you do with it, and at the same time, what you don't.

Even if Icon's company buys Apple shit because it looks good, the vast majority of users will tell you, if not swear to Jobs, that Macs crush PCs in the publishing, graphic design, audio production, and general artistic venues. Why? Wanna run the database for Chomp Corp. with 3,489 employees? Windows, chief. WIndows. Don't put a Mac near that shit.

The software is negligible in terms of RAM, is it? And I'm not compu-clowning over terabytes and whatnot. The problem isn't the software, it's that I'm often dealing with files that are GIGABYTES in size. Anyway, here's another way of looking at it: Apple has the most insanely simple interfaces and applications, and for some reason, that rankles coders and whatnot. In the end, we all want a super easy, simple, cheap computer. Then it dissolves into arguments about style and whatnot - and that's fuckin' noise, man. Noise. The 2016 Select Jaysus 8-0 might be spitting hot fire, but I can't cook with it.

I just bought a brand-new 65k Acer Laptop for my wife, because that's what she wanted. Windows works for her. Spreadsheet here, box of text here. They like it because?

My 4-year-old son has been downloading apps and making his own videos on his iPad since the day he received it. I was in my late 20s the first time I bought a computer from Dell, but I know for certain that setting up the Dell was on par with assembling the average IKEA snow globe, i.e. super_fucking_hard. Ultimately successful, but shrug-worthy.

Anyway, NASA has been lying to us this whole time. The earth is flat, the universe is not expanding, and Prince, as a Jehovah''s Witness, wouldn't take drugs under penalty of death.

Aliens always seem to take the most backwoods, fucked-up methheads of northeastern Arkansas. How is that possible? It's not.
If it isn't fun, I'm not doing it
super_lucky
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby jesus80 » 28 Jul 2016, 22:32

Lol
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby Blaquesmith » 29 Jul 2016, 15:10

Most NASA software would probably run in a i486-DX2. I mean, recently, they were looking for COBOL programmers because some of their machines still need to be programmed in COBOL.
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Blaquesmith
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

In Taiwan since: 08 Aug 2012

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Technology