Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

The Bodhi Way (三乘菩提)

Re: The Bodhi Way (三乘菩提)

Postby triceratopses » 01 Dec 2015, 23:49

Buddhism wrote:Very good thoughts of yours!
Your statements have already replied to triceratopses' puzzlement.

He is not making statements he is asking QUESTIONS. Are you completely inept? Perhaps you need more sleep.
A Japanese man has been arrested on suspicion of writing a computer virus that destroys and replaces files on a victim PC with manga images of squid, octopuses and sea urchins. Masato Nakatsuji, 27, of Izumisano, Osaka Prefecture, was quoted as telling police: "I wanted to see how much my computer programming skills had improved since the last time I was arrested."
triceratopses
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

In Taiwan since: 01 Jan 2014

Postby zeusma » 05 Dec 2015, 17:36

triceratopses wrote:

He is not making statements he is asking QUESTIONS. Are you completely inept? Perhaps you need more sleep.

If I were you, I woudn't use such sarcastic tone to defence for Tibet Lamaism, at least you have to pretent you are gentle thoughtful diligent, otherwise you won't earn trust from public, because it's like a nun (釋昭慧) to Buddhist Compassion Relief TCBC Foundation (慈濟功德會), NOT helping at all.

You also need to learn read connotation between lines instead of always being :fume: ,and study more about what is form dharma, what is mental dharm which is can be really useful.
zeusma
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby triceratopses » 06 Dec 2015, 04:54

zeusma wrote:
triceratopses wrote:

If I were you, I woudn't use such sarcastic tone to defence for Tibet Lamaism, at least you have to pretent you are gentle thoughtful diligent, otherwise you won't earn trust from public, because it's like a nun (釋昭慧) to Buddhist Compassion Relief TCBC Foundation (慈濟功德會), NOT helping at all.

You also need to learn read connotation between lines instead of always being :fume: ,and study more about what is form dharma, what is mental dharm which is can be really useful.

Quote where in my response I am defending tibetan buddhism. If you cannot, you must consider yourself a failure at basic reading comprehension.

Also its not me that is asserting that vijnana has an internal location, so I am not the one that needs to study the basic definition of nama and rupa, am i. "our minds stay inside our physical bodies all the time" is "Buddhisms" nonsense not mine.
A Japanese man has been arrested on suspicion of writing a computer virus that destroys and replaces files on a victim PC with manga images of squid, octopuses and sea urchins. Masato Nakatsuji, 27, of Izumisano, Osaka Prefecture, was quoted as telling police: "I wanted to see how much my computer programming skills had improved since the last time I was arrested."
triceratopses

Postby Buddhism » 19 Dec 2015, 14:59

triceratopses wrote:... "our minds stay inside our physical bodies all the time" is "Buddhisms" nonsense not mine.

There are people who could not have any proper understanding Buddhism!
Let it be!
“It is difficult for the correct dharmas to manifest if the erroneous ones are not destroyed 若不破邪,難以顯正.” Bodhisattva Xuanzang (玄奘菩薩) stated in the past.
Buddhism
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Buddhism » 19 Dec 2015, 15:15

I would like to share the "Vow of True Enlightenment" with some of the browsers on this thread.

The Magnificant Vow of True Enlightenment

Oh Buddha, may I always stay on the path of the Great Vehicle,
And never be led by teachers of lesser vehicles;
May I always come upon Bodhisattva Sangha,
And cultivate the Ultimate Truth of the Mahayana;
May I soon reach the Path of Vision by realizing True Suchness,
And thereafter see the Buddha-nature by passing through the further gateway,
I shall follow my Venerable Teacher to penetrate the core tenet,
And directly perceive selflessness of the person in accord with the Three Vehicle.

Oh Buddha, may I develop wondrous wisdom to fearlessly destroy wrong views,
And safeguard disciples bringing them onto the right path,
So that they can all enter the supreme truth of the Great Vehicle,
And learn the ultimate and wondrous principle;
I will follow my Venerable Teacher to cultivate the seed-prajna,
And become proficient in the selflessness of phenomena of the First-Ground,
I will stamp out unwholesome habitual tendencies and give rise to the noble nature,
And courageously take the ten inexhaustible great vows.

Oh Buddha, upon your wondrous wisdom I must rely,
To diligently practice the ten paramitas undertaken by all bodhisattvas,
May I proceed to attain Receptivity to the Non-Arising of Dharmas,
And progress to higher grounds of the bodhisattva’s path without impediments,
Until the ultimate fruition of Buddhahood is achieved,
Without ever forsaking sentient beings.

Oh Buddha, shower me with your boundless compassion,
And bless me so that I can accomplish these noble aspirations!

Namo Buddha Shakyamuni
Namo Buddhas of the ten directions
Namo Preeminent Sangha of the Great Vehicle
Namo Supreme Ultimate Truth
“It is difficult for the correct dharmas to manifest if the erroneous ones are not destroyed 若不破邪,難以顯正.” Bodhisattva Xuanzang (玄奘菩薩) stated in the past.
Buddhism

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Buddhism » 19 Dec 2015, 15:22

May the ones who see this vow will have a special affinity for the Great Vehicle and ultimately attain Buddhahood!

This Chinese version reads as follows:

正覺發願文
願我修學大乘理,不遇聲聞緣覺師,願我得遇菩薩僧,受學大乘第一義,
不久見道證真如,隨度重關見佛性,隨我導師入宗門,親證三乘人無我,
願具妙慧勇摧邪,救護佛子向正道,普入大乘第一義,受學究竟微妙理,
願隨導師學種智,通達初地法無我,修除性障起聖性,發十無盡大願王,
願我依佛微妙慧,善修菩薩十度行,無生法忍增上修,地地轉進無障礙,
乃至究竟菩提果,不捨眾生永無盡,願我世尊恒慈憫,冥佑弟子成大願,
南無釋迦牟尼佛,南無十方一切佛,南無大乘勝義僧,南無究竟第一義。
Buddhism

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby triceratopses » 23 Dec 2015, 07:57

buddha bless you blah blah ooga booga

real buddhists quote commentaries not sutras which are senseless in modern context. but then again you don't study pramana nor buddhist logic, so you're more like a christian quoting his bible. probably have no idea how to meditate either since you don't accept tantrikas like kamalahila who wrote the definitive text on meditation
triceratopses

Postby iwonder » 26 Dec 2015, 20:31

triceratopses wrote: ... since you don't accept tantrikas like kamalahila who wrote the definitive text on meditation

You are most welcome to take your “ tantrikas like kamalahila who wrote the definitive text on meditation ” and take the whole pack of it, back to Lamaism and Tantrism where it belongs, from Way way way back … as back back back as it should should should be.

And Please, take it back to where it belongs as quick as possible.

Without Lamaism/Tantrism fabricating counterfeiting into Buddhism from way way way back, thus Buddha Shakyamuni's teaching would save many many more sentient beings from the sea of suffering.
iwonder
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby triceratopses » 28 Dec 2015, 03:34

iwonder wrote:And Please, take it back to where it belongs as quick as possible.

Back to where, Nagarjuna and Nalanda who were all vajrayana practitioners? :roflmao:

Also, you should only open your mouth when you know what you are talking about. You know nothing about vajrayana. You couldn't withstand a minute of scrutiny, so do not speak.
triceratopses

Postby Buddhism » 21 Apr 2016, 17:35

Buddhism

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality