Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

motorsport. TRCC Rally Pingdong 20/21st April

Post your upcoming Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan events here!
Forum rules
This forum is for the listing, promotion, and discussion of the specifics of events in Kaohsiung and southern Taiwan. Please include a date in your title (e.g. 3/25) and - in the post - an address in English if possible. If you are providing the information in the form of an online photograph/flyer/poster, it is also advisable to provide the essential details in text as well, so as to facilitate ease of cut-and-paste.

As we wish to encourage people to post their events here, negative commentary isn't welcome in the Events forums. You are, however, more than welcome to post the same debate-encouraging negative criticism of bands, artists, etc. in the Arts & Entertainment or other appropriate forums.

Please PM the Moderators or Admin if you have any concerns or queries.

motorsport. TRCC Rally Pingdong 20/21st April

Postby shiadoa » 11 Apr 2013, 02:57

There will be a Rally near Taiwu,Pingdong County, taking place on the 20th and 21st of April. It is Round one of the TRCC Championship. Mountain Road Stage, with 2 British Drivers competing this time. Would be happy to see any Forumosans down there.

Trying to use a trusty old Subaru but it's still on a Boat . More information about the Rally will be posted on the TRCC Facebook site soon.
My apologies auto correct thingy won't allow me to write P I n g t u n g :roll:
shiadoa
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 29 Jun 2011

Re: motorsport. TRCC Rally Pingdong 20/21st April

Postby monokuro » 11 Apr 2013, 15:45

Is it easier to get here by public transport than it was to the last one?
monokuro
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby shiadoa » 13 Apr 2013, 01:37

monokuro wrote:Is it easier to get here by public transport than it was to the last one?

Sadly I would say,harder. It's probably a car option only. The Event is around Taiwu ,which is on a high mountain down there,so I don't imagine Public Transport situation would be good?. Unless someone else has been and can advise maybe/? A fair amount of Band Bs in the area as it's a Tourist area.
Hope you can make it somehow.
shiadoa

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Jonny Crisp » 13 Apr 2013, 22:37

Tell you what, you give me a lift, and I'll tell you where to go...
Jonny Crisp
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Postby shiadoa » 14 Apr 2013, 20:49

Jonny Crisp wrote:Tell you what, you give me a lift, and I'll tell you where to go...

You will be busy telling ME where to go,I hope, in the "hot seat", Navigating. :discodance:
shiadoa

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby shiadoa » 16 Apr 2013, 01:59

Map and some details (Chinese) for the Weekend (closed road) Event. Basically, Taiwu (Pingdong) Village start 8am Sat.21st 9.30 am start on the Sunday 22nd

shiadoa

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby shiadoa » 17 Apr 2013, 10:50

Sadly,it looks like this Event has been cancelled. Government,Locals...everyone happy and lots of PR work done, All local Hotels fully booked and village of Taiwu looking forward to everything. Then Policeman in Taiwu decided (for no valid reason) to change his previous approval into a no. No reason given...he just doesn't want it. Much work went into satisfying all safety issues and collaborating with the villagers,all to no avail.
This is purely the whim of a stupid Policeman...according to him ! I don't know whether to complain to the chief of Police etc, or just forget it. Everyone now cancelling hotels and restaurants booked for the weekend...shame for those businesses too. No wonder some young people feel its ok to drive fast on public roads,when they cancel a safer.well managed,event on closed PRIVATE roads......nowhere for them to go really...shame. Second time the same Man has cancelled this Event...last year he stopped it with one day to go. :ponder:
shiadoa

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Kaohsiung & Southern Taiwan Events