Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Tai Chi classes in Taipei (in english?)

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Tai Chi classes in Taipei (in english?)

Postby Blaquesmith » 14 Oct 2014, 00:57

I wonder... Is there any place in Taipei (preferrably in Da'an) where one can learn Tai Chi from an english-speaking teacher? I tried it years ago, and I loved it. We did some TaiChi-Qigong and just a hint of combat (which I'd like to try more seriously, too). I'd really like to jump back in, and when my daughter's older, get her into classes too. It's perfect to deal with stress.
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Blaquesmith
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 08 Aug 2012

Re: Tai Chi classes in Taipei (in english?)

Postby Quarante » 18 Jun 2016, 15:04

Hello All, bumping this post to get an up to date answer on where to find Taichi class (preferably in English) in Taipei (ideally on L1, North East > Dahu/Neihu)
Thanks !
Quarante
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Blaquesmith » 22 Jun 2016, 07:49

Good luck, I still haven't found it. Not that I have much time to make use of them anymore.
Blaquesmith

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Quarante » 02 Jul 2016, 21:38

I found both Taiji and Qigong class via Meetup (an events management website) :-)
Quarante

Postby Blaquesmith » 07 Jul 2016, 11:08

More information on that, please?
Blaquesmith

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby HenHaoChi » 07 Jul 2016, 11:11

Is there a FB group for Tai Chi Taipei? If there wasn't, I'd start one if I was in your position.

In Danshui they have regular TaiChi and sword forms at night. Not sure of the exact day, but it's a weeknight at 7ish. If anyone is interested, I will bump this thread next time I see them...

EDIT: You're in Da'an, probably too far away...
HenHaoChi
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby Blaquesmith » 07 Jul 2016, 13:06

I live in Songshan now. In any case, I don't want to just be there and copy the movements, I want an actual teacher who will explain things to me, like I had when I practiced it for a couple of months. It's always good if someone tells you what muscles do you have to feel when you do an exercise, and the kinds of sensations you should be aware of.
Blaquesmith

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby HenHaoChi » 07 Jul 2016, 20:00

This is true. While you are searching, BK Frantzis has some good videos on youtube, going deep into the techniques. I trained with him and his students occasionally. Vids are no substitute for a real live teacher, but better than nothing.
HenHaoChi

Postby Blaquesmith » 10 Jul 2016, 15:23

Sadly, videos won't do it for me. I need interaction.
Blaquesmith

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby HenHaoChi » 11 Jul 2016, 06:22

I forgot, there was an American on this board, name of K Peterson or something, he taught Tai Chi and Bagua. It might've been in Da'an park.

I think he posted this thread, but it's now been retired:
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi ... 8&t=144123

What style did you want to learn, out of interest? I learnt Wu style when I was young, but I'd prefer to learn Chen, but that is hard to find in TW. I like reading about Sun Lu Tang. I also did marriage of Heaven and Earth Chi Kung. These days I prefer standing or Hindu Pushups.

Off topic, but I find 40 minutes in a hot spring relaxes me as much as 2 hours of TaiChi. I have taken to going to XinBeitou most weekends. They have private springs for 150TWD, 300TWD for 2.
HenHaoChi

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Where Can I Find...?