Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Recommends

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Recommends

Postby Nuit » 17 May 2015, 14:14

Is the function to recommend folks' posts going to come back?
Are all the previous recommends going to be re-instated? Can't be much than a few files to be copied across from the old server.

I'd glady give kudos to anyone who can reinstate this feature.
It's raining again here.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
Nuit
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Recommends

Postby afterspivak » 17 May 2015, 21:21

Yup. There's some seriously awesome posts out there. These people deserve rewards!

Guy
afterspivak
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

Postby buzzkill1 » 17 May 2015, 21:33

Some people who get less recommends feel bad about themselves, so it should be abolished. We should all get participation awards. Everyone is tied for the most popular poster, and everyone is equally valued. If you believe in comparisons you are a bigot and a racist
buzzkill1
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

In Taiwan since: 10 Aug 2012

Postby dan2006 » 17 May 2015, 21:36

My 2 cents.

Keep it gone.

PS Where can I pick up my participation award?
dan2006
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby HenHaoChi » 17 May 2015, 22:11

How about downvoting? That'd stir up some real rancor. I agree we need recommends back.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rancor
HenHaoChi
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby afterspivak » 17 May 2015, 22:13

afterspivak

Postby Nuit » 24 May 2015, 20:34

Any reply to my OP?
It's raining again here.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
Nuit

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Tempo Gain » 25 May 2015, 00:33

Sorry for the delay in response. It may take a while, but we plan on getting all the previous features of the site back up and working. Please bear with us.

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Feedback