Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

People who want the recommend button back. A petition.

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: People who want the recommend button back. A petition.

Postby rodeo » 19 May 2015, 09:55

superking wrote:superking

Glad to see you're still trying to make a difference, yo. :lol:
There's a bullet in my pocket and it's burning a hole.
rodeo
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby Nuit » 19 May 2015, 10:06

Mucha Man wrote:There was a recommend button?

Oh, yeah, you :). You received a zillion recommends, and never gave any out.
It's raining again here.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
Nuit
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

Postby bob_honest » 19 May 2015, 10:14

Me too. Though I would still fancy a dancing Japanese multipurpose Android much more.
Well okay, the recommend button then.

Taiwan is like Zimbabwe: Cheating foreigners out of their monthly old age labor-law pension: read here: https://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138311&p=1736162#p1736162
bob_honest
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

Postby the bear » 19 May 2015, 10:33

bob_honest wrote:Me too. Though I would still fancy a dancing Japanese multipurpose Android much more.
Well okay, the recommend button then.

How good is that movie bruv? watched it 3 times over the weekend.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
the bear
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

In Taiwan since: 23 Aug 1990

Postby Mucha Man » 19 May 2015, 12:43

Nuit wrote:
Mucha Man wrote:There was a recommend button?

Oh, yeah, you :). You received a zillion recommends, and never gave any out.

Lol. Actually I never upgraded to Fcom gold or whatever it was so the function was not available to me.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

https://www.facebook.com/taiwantemples
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby yuli » 13 Aug 2015, 14:14

Why has it disappeared in the first place?

No longer being able to let someone know that i appreciate a post of theirs has made Forumosa much "colder" for me, and i seem to visit much less. But then, I am pleasantly busy with what I am doing elsewhere, so... whatever... shrug...

I am reminded of the Japanese SNS "Mixi" that used to have "footprint" information: you could see who had visited your profile. This was an immensely popular feature (can you imagine why?). Anyway, one day it got removed, without any explanation, and that SNS is now only a shadow of its former self (evolution in action).
Peanuts IT Service:
Hosting resources in several countries for small projects (use your own domain or one that I prepare). Cheap web and mail hosting ($0.50/mo); short or long term. FTP access and control panel. Cheap domain names ($8-12/year). Manage your own site/ mailboxes or have me do it. It's never been easier to get your own mail address or website. :-)
yuli
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

Postby jesus80 » 13 Aug 2015, 14:48

Narcissism.
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby Tempo Gain » 13 Aug 2015, 14:55

When we moved the site to a new server recently, and made a transitional upgrade to the phpbb software that it runs on, we found this previous modification didn't work anymore. We plan to upgrade to the most recent version of phpbb soon. Once that's been accomplished we'll work on getting this feature back in service.

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby headhonchoII » 13 Aug 2015, 15:01

The focus on attracting new members to ask three line questions on where to get the milk was a massive failure. a Facebook group can do that. Did the owners ever stop to think that if they didn't appreciate the people who contribute their insights to the forum instead of trying to run up numbers of users (who mostly are one post transactional) the things just made the site useful and great, its core members, would be lost. There's never been any appreciation shown to the core members, it's a joke. No focus on creating great content or discussions.

The site has obviously been badly mismanaged but due to lack of competition in the anonymous discussion forum
Area it lumbers on somehow pulling In a few bucks from
Here and there.

Not having a tapatalk link, another inexcusable omission.

It has to be said having an intelligent English outlet of any kind in Taiwan is always going to be a challenge given the minuscule number of people who can converse intelligently in English here. :).
Claim to fame: smoothly cruising towards no.11 no.10 on all time greatest poster list.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby yuli » 13 Aug 2015, 15:13

Tempo Gain wrote:When we moved the site to a new server recently, and made a transitional upgrade to the phpbb software that it runs on, we found this previous modification didn't work anymore. We plan to upgrade to the most recent version of phpbb soon. Once that's been accomplished we'll work on getting this feature back in service.

Thanks! :)
Peanuts IT Service:
Hosting resources in several countries for small projects (use your own domain or one that I prepare). Cheap web and mail hosting ($0.50/mo); short or long term. FTP access and control panel. Cheap domain names ($8-12/year). Manage your own site/ mailboxes or have me do it. It's never been easier to get your own mail address or website. :-)
yuli

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Feedback