Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

School bullying towards mixed-race children

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Re: School bullying towards mixed-race children

Postby Liam Og » 30 May 2016, 08:54

Ermintrude wrote: The only bully I see is that bonkers father.

I think his emotions are understandable but he got carried away. After watching that I'd say a better approach in a situation like that would be to contact the school and ask if you can read a story to the class. Then ask if they have questions about you and where you come from. Something along those lines might work better.
Liam Og
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

In Taiwan since: 02 Apr 2009

Postby RickRooney » 30 May 2016, 10:37

Yea he definitely got carried away but I don't see any harm being done. A useless teacher and a bully got put in their place ?oh my god call the police!!
RickRooney
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

Postby Ermintrude » 30 May 2016, 12:42

RickRooney wrote:Yea he definitely got carried away but I don't see any harm being done. A useless teacher and a bully got put in their place ?oh my god call the police!!

Or, an angry guy mouthing off in front of a lot of scared children, undermining their sense of safety in a country where a four year old got beheaded by some random.

The police would absolutely be called in most countries. Belligerent parents don't get to walk into rooms full of other people's children and attempt to discipline someone else's child in broken Chinese, in places with any idea of security. The breathtaking sense of entitlement he displays, after having sent his sick kid to school in the first place, the complete lack of awareness of his environment is really unpleasant to watch. The teacher behaved admirably in trying to diffuse the situation. How the guy can be so long in Taiwan and so crashingly socially inept is beyond me, unless he has some kind of disability.

His kid's going to grow up incredibly anxious because he will have to learn from an early age to mediate all his experiences to his father. He's already using 'stomach pains' for attention.
'And we'll hide from the cunts, on our night reconnaissance'.
Ermintrude
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

Postby SuperS54 » 30 May 2016, 17:30

Ermintrude wrote:
RickRooney wrote:Yea he definitely got carried away but I don't see any harm being done. A useless teacher and a bully got put in their place ?oh my god call the police!!

Or, an angry guy mouthing off in front of a lot of scared children, undermining their sense of safety in a country where a four year old got beheaded by some random.

The police would absolutely be called in most countries. Belligerent parents don't get to walk into rooms full of other people's children and attempt to discipline someone else's child in broken Chinese, in places with any idea of security. The breathtaking sense of entitlement he displays, after having sent his sick kid to school in the first place, the complete lack of awareness of his environment is really unpleasant to watch. The teacher behaved admirably in trying to diffuse the situation. How the guy can be so long in Taiwan and so crashingly socially inept is beyond me, unless he has some kind of disability.

His kid's going to grow up incredibly anxious because he will have to learn from an early age to mediate all his experiences to his father. He's already using 'stomach pains' for attention.

Exactly. This behavior would quite rightly have him quickly arrested in most places.
SuperS54
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby RickRooney » 30 May 2016, 23:55

I've already said I have no sympathy for the bully and incompetent teacher getting told off. would of loved to see that sort of thing happen when I was in school. but no, its usually the weaker personality's who get picked on and the teachers do jack shit about it. i totally disagree with you that m13's kid, he will be fine because actually he is a great dad, but I'm sure you have watched his other videos so you know exactly what you are talking about right?

yea these kids are going to grow up traumatised for sure, even though the bully is now his kids friend. yea like they haven't seen worse at home, half of these kids probably still get beaten.
RickRooney

Postby Liam Og » 31 May 2016, 08:48

RickRooney wrote: actually he is a great dad.

I've watched maybe 20 or 30 of his videos and I got the impression that he is a decent guy and a decent dad. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on that one video either.
Liam Og
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

In Taiwan since: 02 Apr 2009

Postby Gain » 03 Jun 2016, 00:35

BillCollins wrote:I've watched maybe 20 or 30 of his videos and I got the impression that he is a decent guy and a decent dad. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on that one video either.

MTE.

It seems like the situation of bullying under racial context isn't that bad in Taiwan, obviously there are some occurrences but it's not exactly prevalent I'd say? I was just curious as I was reading some horror stories from China and Korea.
Gain

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Parenting