Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Philippine Peso Remittance - Good exchange rate

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Philippine Peso Remittance - Good exchange rate

Postby chumbz_rhm » 05 May 2016, 00:06

Hello Forumosa!!! :)

Im new here both in the forum and in Taiwan.
Im working as a white collar employee from the Philippines.

I just want to ask if where can I transact remittance (with good exchange rate) my NT$ to my local bank in the Philippines like BDO & Mertobank???
Im looking for the one with good exchange rates & low fee. Thanks in advance :))
chumbz_rhm
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 01 Mar 2016

Re: Philippine Peso Remittance - Good exchange rate

Postby dasaint » 05 May 2016, 08:45

chumbz_rhm wrote:Hello Forumosa!!! :)

Im new here both in the forum and in Taiwan.
Im working as a white collar employee from the Philippines.

I just want to ask if where can I transact remittance (with good exchange rate) my NT$ to my local bank in the Philippines like BDO & Mertobank???
Im looking for the one with good exchange rates & low fee. Thanks in advance :))

The remittance centers along Zhongshan North Road near St. Christopher's Church would be your best option. There is iRemit, LBC, Lucky Money, EEC, etc... check each outlet's exchange rate and try which one offers the best service. What I can assure you is the exchange rate is higher than what you will get in the local banks. Plus, you do not need to speak Chinese to transact. :)

EDIT:

Above post was for workers living in Taipei City area. If you are working down south, there are also several remittance center near St. Mary's Church, in Jianguo 4th Road.
I'm back!
dasaint
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby finley » 05 May 2016, 10:27

What dasaint said.

I've only ever tried EEC, but they're very fast and efficient. Their transaction fee is a flat rate (250NT) so the trick is not to send piddling amounts (I can't fathom why there are people in the queue sending 2000, 3000 pesos).

They can transfer direct to a bank account. The exchange rate seems to be the exact published rate - no commission.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby chumbz_rhm » 05 May 2016, 11:46

dasaint wrote:
chumbz_rhm wrote:There is iRemit, LBC, Lucky Money, EEC, etc... check each outlet's exchange rate and try which one offers the best service. What I can assure you is the exchange rate is higher than what you will get in the local banks. Plus, you do not need to speak Chinese to transact. :)

EDIT:

Above post was for workers living in Taipei City area. If you are working down south, there are also several remittance center near St. Mary's Church, in Jianguo 4th Road.

Hi Desaint,

Im working in Kaohsiung so i guess its South?
There is also iRemit & LBC here however I don't know the rates yet. Can they transfer directly to a Philippine bank?

Also just to confirm, the exchange rate is higher on these remit centers than doing remit on Taiwan Banks?
chumbz_rhm

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby finley » 05 May 2016, 12:13

Taiwan banks give a terrible exchange rate.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley

Postby chumbz_rhm » 05 May 2016, 12:33

finley wrote:Taiwan banks give a terrible exchange rate.

Maybe later ill try to inquire iRemit or LBC.

I thought Taiwan banks had higher exchnge. hehe
chumbz_rhm

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby dasaint » 05 May 2016, 21:55

chumbz_rhm wrote:
dasaint wrote:
chumbz_rhm wrote:There is iRemit, LBC, Lucky Money, EEC, etc... check each outlet's exchange rate and try which one offers the best service. What I can assure you is the exchange rate is higher than what you will get in the local banks. Plus, you do not need to speak Chinese to transact. :)

EDIT:

Hi Desaint,

Im working in Kaohsiung so i guess its South?
There is also iRemit & LBC here however I don't know the rates yet. Can they transfer directly to a Philippine bank?

Also just to confirm, the exchange rate is higher on these remit centers than doing remit on Taiwan Banks?

Yes, I figured you were working in Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong). Maybe ASE? :) iRemit or LBC should be good. They have same day pick up service or bank to bank transfer. Good luck!
I'm back!
dasaint

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Money