Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Frustration

Moderator: John

Re: Frustration

Postby brobronek » 18 May 2016, 15:34

ohhh boy. today I have reached the max of the max of frustration.

at the beginning of the day, after the meeting, i wanted to kill someone ( actually anyone), then i realize it is a wrong move.
Then i though why not beating up someone... still wrong move.
Then I finally got the "gossip artist" and ask him to grow some balls if he has something to say ... ( i felt sorry for the weak adult man 37 years old.... but weak like a leaf)
He managed to keep a low profile until break time and then send me a line msg, explaining that blablablablablabla blabla blaaaa ... let's start blaming people blablabla blabla blaaa keep on blaming and blaming and ... blaming
to which i just replied :" I am in the office all day long, if you have something to say, you know where to find me"
... NO ANSWER

went back after break, waking up all my kids ( yes i feel that they are like my kids... they sleep and turn off the light... which is great and some other time i feel like being in a buxiban ... my kkids)
waited for him to show up but nothing... went to see him and say:
"yo what's up? what's the issue? why gossiping when you can have me just for you, in your face for as long as you want?"
answer: " ohh, you know, it was a small mistake...blablablablaaaa blabla balaba CULTURE blablablabla blabla0bla MISUNDERSTANDING blablablablablala"

end of story: I get penalised by having new rules applied only for me in the company blablablabla
"work for free or for full price ... never for cheap"
brobronek
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

In Taiwan since: 15 Feb 2012

Postby Kaalund » 18 May 2016, 15:57

brobronek wrote:ohhh boy. today I have reached the max of the max of frustration.

at the beginning of the day, after the meeting, i wanted to kill someone ( actually anyone), then i realize it is a wrong move.
Then i though why not beating up someone... still wrong move.
Then I finally got the "gossip artist" and ask him to grow some balls if he has something to say ... ( i felt sorry for the weak adult man 37 years old.... but weak like a leaf)
He managed to keep a low profile until break time and then send me a line msg, explaining that blablablablablabla blabla blaaaa ... let's start blaming people blablabla blabla blaaa keep on blaming and blaming and ... blaming
to which i just replied :" I am in the office all day long, if you have something to say, you know where to find me"
... NO ANSWER

went back after break, waking up all my kids ( yes i feel that they are like my kids... they sleep and turn off the light... which is great and some other time i feel like being in a buxiban ... my kkids)
waited for him to show up but nothing... went to see him and say:
"yo what's up? what's the issue? why gossiping when you can have me just for you, in your face for as long as you want?"
answer: " ohh, you know, it was a small mistake...blablablablaaaa blabla balaba CULTURE blablablabla blabla0bla MISUNDERSTANDING blablablablablala"

end of story: I get penalised by having new rules applied only for me in the company blablablabla

Here people cant handle if you are too direct with them ;) They rather gossip and stab you behind your back
Kaalund
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby brobronek » 18 May 2016, 16:26

Kaalund wrote:
Here people cant handle if you are too direct with them ;) They rather gossip and stab you behind your back

actually stabbing is pretty much universal.
in my current situation, it is a very special environment where there is 3 different managers with multiple sales for the same products.
moreover, when we can not satisfy the client, outsourcing is allowed.... and THAT is the PROBLEM.
everyone outsource because everyone works secretly with their own suppliers... and have their own commissions.
all the 3 managers hate each other and everyone push for his perso supplier.

for me it is simple, from this morning I don't have the right to use any outsource except the one from my supervisor ( however, his prices are always way too high compared with the others supervisors: his commissions may be very nice)... which often kills my deals ( the reason of this new internal switch is competition between the supervisors and the losing faces kind of BS mentallity: if i go and see the other then it is because it is better blablablablabla... which is true)
However, my colleagues within my department have the right to go and see the suppliers of the other supervisors... which is pretty UNFAIR, ILLOGICAL and unusual.
This company is soooo unhealthy tbh
The good thing is that owning an offshore company in HK is easy, so any unsatisfied client is easily switched :) :lol: :wink:

what a bunch of idiots really
brobronek

Postby Kaalund » 18 May 2016, 16:29

brobronek wrote:
Kaalund wrote:

actually stabbing is pretty much universal.
in my current situation, it is a very special environment where there is 3 different managers with multiple sales for the same products.
moreover, when we can not satisfy the client, outsourcing is allowed.... and THAT is the PROBLEM.
everyone outsource because everyone works secretly with their own suppliers... and have their own commissions.
all the 3 managers hate each other and everyone push for his perso supplier.

for me it is simple, from this morning I don't have the right to use any outsource except the one from my supervisor ( however, his prices are always way too high compared with the others supervisors: his commissions may be very nice)... which often kills my deals ( the reason of this new internal switch is competition between the supervisors and the losing faces kind of BS mentallity: if i go and see the other then it is because it is better blablablablabla... which is true)
However, my colleagues within my department have the right to go and see the suppliers of the other supervisors... which is pretty UNFAIR, ILLOGICAL and unusual.
This company is soooo unhealthy tbh
The good thing is that owning an offshore company in HK is easy, so any unsatisfied client is easily switched :) :lol: :wink:

what a bunch of idiots really

And let me guess, no business plan, no strategy, no NOTHING? :roflmao:
Kaalund
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby brobronek » 18 May 2016, 16:48

Kaalund wrote:

when I started here, i took a month to evaluate the market and proposed them to create a new product which they said no to.
i managed some samples , proposed to the clients, explained them how to introduce it, then BANG, orders are here, and they even use it for the local market ( biggest product order this year so far)... btw, iam not a PM and still done the job hahahaha

but as you said no business plan, no strategy nothing which are the signs of a very healthy, non stressed company. everyone is soooooooooooo relaxed, people having fish tanks on their desk. YES ... FISH TANKS
we have even a phenomen girl who cook for lunch ( she has all the f.... equipment in miniature LOL. :loco: :loco:
I am thinking to make a barbecue with a loadddddddd of smoke over my desk before leaving just to make her understand that we are not all here fond of her cooking abilities.
even my wife think that the place i work for have some serious issues

to get back to the subject: my basic frustrations are that it is very possible to make this company very strong, very competitive with just a bit of heart, decisions and will but everyone is working against that.
boss dont like to fire people :loco: :loco: because i asked for a total renewal of all the R&D team which was refused explaining that they are here for more than 15/20 years to what i explained,: " WE NEED FRESH BLOOD, MOTIVATED PEOPLE, YOUNG HUNGRY LADS/GIRLS"

I am very invested with this company but i shouldnt I think
brobronek

Postby Kaalund » 18 May 2016, 17:36

brobronek wrote:
Kaalund wrote:

when I started here, i took a month to evaluate the market and proposed them to create a new product which they said no to.
i managed some samples , proposed to the clients, explained them how to introduce it, then BANG, orders are here, and they even use it for the local market ( biggest product order this year so far)... btw, iam not a PM and still done the job hahahaha

but as you said no business plan, no strategy nothing which are the signs of a very healthy, non stressed company. everyone is soooooooooooo relaxed, people having fish tanks on their desk. YES ... FISH TANKS
we have even a phenomen girl who cook for lunch ( she has all the f.... equipment in miniature LOL. :loco: :loco:
I am thinking to make a barbecue with a loadddddddd of smoke over my desk before leaving just to make her understand that we are not all here fond of her cooking abilities.
even my wife think that the place i work for have some serious issues

to get back to the subject: my basic frustrations are that it is very possible to make this company very strong, very competitive with just a bit of heart, decisions and will but everyone is working against that.
boss dont like to fire people :loco: :loco: because i asked for a total renewal of all the R&D team which was refused explaining that they are here for more than 15/20 years to what i explained,: " WE NEED FRESH BLOOD, MOTIVATED PEOPLE, YOUNG HUNGRY LADS/GIRLS"

I am very invested with this company but i shouldnt I think

That's right, you shouldn't be. Because in the end of the day nothing will change ever. It sounds like the company is stuck just like 99 % of all Taiwanese companies. Look at Acer, Gigabyte, ASUS and so forth, they are getting no where, because it is the same old men from 30 years ago who are still in the company as directors and board members. All of them should be replaced with Motivated, hungry people. But sadly it won't happen...They are stuck, Taiwan as a country is stuck.
Kaalund
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby paperjohn » 23 May 2016, 16:03

lols all the directors and board members should just step down and promote you guys right?
paperjohn
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

In Taiwan since: 18 May 2004

Postby headhonchoII » 23 May 2016, 16:27

Lols@your lols. lols.
Claim to fame: smoothly cruising towards no.11 no.10 on all time greatest poster list.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby paperjohn » 23 May 2016, 16:47

Whats so funny? You guys are all complaining that the Taiwanese companies boards and directors are bad and should step down and appoint you guys are the heads right?
paperjohn
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

In Taiwan since: 18 May 2004

Postby OrangeOrganics » 23 May 2016, 16:57

Taiwanese are idiots in the workplace.
OrangeOrganics
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

In Taiwan since: 20 Feb 2010

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Working in Taiwan