Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Burrito like Chipotle's

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Burrito like Chipotle's

Postby joey0825 » 19 May 2016, 11:42

Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. is an American chain of fast food restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom,Canada,Germany, and France,
(why no Taiwan?) specializing in Mission burritos and tacos.

Does anyone knows where can I find the similar flavor of chicken or steak burrito in Taipei like those served in Chipotle?
I miss the taste so much! Thanks in advance.
http://joey-tcm.blogspot.tw/
PROMOTE Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture in Taipei, Taiwan
joey0825
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Burrito like Chipotle's

Postby Tempo Gain » 19 May 2016, 12:43

There's a stand here in a storefront behind the subway entrance--at least there was a few months ago. It was okay. I wouldn't make a special trip, but worth a look if you're passing by

https://www.google.com.tw/maps/@25.0333 ... 312!8i6656

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Yang Gui Zi » 19 May 2016, 13:54

Used to be Juanita Burritos and Tacos behind SOGO. Unfortunately they closed.

If you're ever in Zhongli, they have a burrito bar place that is very similar called Pick&Eat.
https://www.facebook.com/pickneat.tw/
Yang Gui Zi
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

In Taiwan since: 09 Jul 2010

Postby ranlee » 20 May 2016, 13:58

A lot of people say Machos Tacos is a good pick, not top notch, but better than nothing.
ranlee
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

Postby psidriven » 28 May 2016, 02:26

Juanitas tasted just like chipotles to me, especially their burrito bowl. If they closed your best bet is probably eddy's in Tianmu. Otherwise just do what I do when it comes to getting good street/sf mission style Mexican food in Taiwan, give up all hope. :(
psidriven
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby tcarnagan » 28 May 2016, 03:34

Best bet is make some of your own creations at home.
The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
tcarnagan

Postby Robotea » 30 May 2016, 12:51

I never got a chance to try Juanitas, anyone know why they closed?
Robotea
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby best_intentions » 30 May 2016, 15:45

I think Mexican food, in general, is a tough sell for most Taiwanese. With the location they had, I never saw them get the volume of customers needed to really excel. It's too bad because good Mexican food is pretty darn tasty and Juanitas did a pretty good job.

from their FB page:
It is with a heavy heart that after 3 years of great food, delicious dish, wonderful people, fun times, hard work, ups and downs, our Management Team have decided it's time to move on to the next adventures. Our restaurant commercial lease comes to an end, this has been a very difficult and emotional decision and we are so sad to say goodbye.
Juanita Burritos & Tacos gives some of you a place to feel at home, it is the site of many foreigners get taste of home-style comforts. Juanita Burritos & Tacos was the friend you knew would be there when you needed them. JBT was comforting , welcoming, smiling face. JBT was home.
There are no words that clearly express the love and gratitude we feel for our staff that worked so hard to keep the vision alive. Restaurant work is not easy. It takes commitment, thick skin, and a really good sense of humor. It is so rare to find such a dedicated, hardworking, and friendly staff anywhere.
Deep gratitude and credit goes to our Management Team for creating and developing a vision that supported ours and many other love one while serving up over a thousand of thousand delicious plates of Mexican American Comfort food. The flavors they created made all of our taste buds dance . Thank you Management Team for the heart, body and soul you poured into Juanita Burritos & Tacos.
Juanita Burritos & Tacos last day will be Sunday, August 23, 2015. Please come see us over the next couple weeks to get a last few JBT meals, share stories, and say goodbye.
best_intentions
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby joey0825 » 02 Jun 2016, 12:23

Thanks for all your recommendation! Too bad Juanita closed, I'll try others.
http://joey-tcm.blogspot.tw/
PROMOTE Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture in Taipei, Taiwan
joey0825

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Incubus » 02 Jun 2016, 16:45

Is Rexmex behind Shi-Da still around?
Incubus
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Where Can I Find...?