Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Rar file

Moderator: Mick

Rar file

Postby squidol » 25 May 2016, 04:17

Today I has created an archive of important documents. A couple of hours ago, I opened it to extract a couple of files and saw - CRC error. Volume is damaged.

Tell me how to extract the files after such an error?
squidol
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 11 Nov 1975

Re: Rar file

Postby HenHaoChi » 25 May 2016, 23:06

HenHaoChi
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby dasaint » 26 May 2016, 20:02

Maybe the file name is too long, or the archive is in a deep sub-directory( example: C:\MyHardDrive\MyName\CompArchive\backup\thiisanarchiveof importantdocuments.rar).

If that is the case, rename the rar file to something like (doc.rar) then put it in the root directory (C:\) before trying to extract it.

Let me know if this works.
I'm back!
dasaint
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby squidol » 30 May 2016, 20:27

Guys I am very appreciated to you for help. But now the file is opened with CRC error.
squidol

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 11 Nov 1975

Postby Doraemonster » 30 May 2016, 22:24

Some suggestions:

• Did you try to update WinRAR to the latest version? Maybe you created this file with a newer version than you're trying to unpack it with?

• WinRAR also has a "Repair" option when you run it, have you tried that?

• Or maybe you still have another copy of the files you need somewhere else? (Recycle Bin?)
Doraemonster
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

Location: Taibeishilisongshangaojigongnong Vocational High School

Postby MPenguin » 03 Jun 2016, 09:47

The "repair" option only works if the .rar file was created with a recovery record (one of the options when creating the .rar), I think. If it's corrupted and no recovery record, I think you're SOL.
MPenguin

Postby dided1947 » 08 Jun 2016, 05:22

[quote="squidol"]Today I has created an archive of important documents. A couple of hours ago, I opened it to extract a couple of files and saw - CRC error. Volume is damaged.

Tell me how to extract the files after such an error?[/quote]

In case winrar function doesn't work you may open .rar archive with the aid of RAR Repair Toolbox, tool has demo on https://www.repairtoolbox.com/rarrepair.html
dided1947

In Taiwan since: 08 Aug 1961

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Technology