Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Icon » 26 Jul 2016, 20:58

Liam Og wrote:The title that icon suggested also sounds fine to me


But I cannot change it. Only the person that started the thread can edit his or her own posts.

If you agree to change it, we'll be much obliged.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Liam Og » 26 Jul 2016, 22:30

Sorry but I don't know how to edit it. But if someone else wants to that's fine by me. What's with the 'we' business?
Icon wrote:
Liam Og wrote:The title that icon suggested also sounds fine to me


But I cannot change it. Only the person that started the thread can edit his or her own posts.

If you agree to change it, we'll be much obliged.
Liam Og
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 51
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 19:21
In Taiwan since: 02 Apr 2009



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Icon » 26 Jul 2016, 22:33

Liam Og wrote:Sorry but I don't know how to edit it. But if someone else wants to that's fine by me. What's with the 'we' business?
Icon wrote:
Liam Og wrote:The title that icon suggested also sounds fine to me


But I cannot change it. Only the person that started the thread can edit his or her own posts.

If you agree to change it, we'll be much obliged.


HH and me, for starters.

Go to your first post. There should be a yellow EDIT on the right hand corner. You will get a window saying: warning kemosabe, are you sure you want to edit? If you say yes, it opens your post and lets you edit content, title, etc.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Icon » 26 Jul 2016, 22:34

Icon wrote:
Liam Og wrote:Sorry but I don't know how to edit it. But if someone else wants to that's fine by me. What's with the 'we' business?
Icon wrote:
Liam Og wrote:The title that icon suggested also sounds fine to me


But I cannot change it. Only the person that started the thread can edit his or her own posts.

If you agree to change it, we'll be much obliged.


HH and me, for starters.

Only you can edit your own posts.

Go to your first post. There should be a yellow EDIT on the right hand corner. You will get a window saying: warning kemosabe, are you sure you want to edit? If you say yes, it opens your post and lets you edit content, title, etc.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Can non ROC citizens apply to to public kindergartens

Postby Liam Og » 26 Jul 2016, 22:40

There is only a yellow edit button on my recent posts. The older ones including the first post doesn't have any edit option
Liam Og
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 51
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 19:21
In Taiwan since: 02 Apr 2009



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Icon » 26 Jul 2016, 22:45

Liam Og wrote:There is only a yellow edit button on my recent posts. The older ones including the first post doesn't have any edit option


The posts are too old then.

Mods! Help!
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Liam Og » 26 Jul 2016, 22:46

See it only edited the topic on that one post. The thread stayed the same, and the first post doesn't have an edit option
Liam Og
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 51
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 19:21
In Taiwan since: 02 Apr 2009



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Icon » 26 Jul 2016, 22:51

Liam Og wrote:See it only edited the topic on that one post. The thread stayed the same, and the first post doesn't have an edit option


Eh, I don't understand what you mean. I see no changes. But you told me you couldn't change it?

For future reference, if you change the title in your first post as OP, it changes the rest.

Oh well, leave it the mods.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby Liam Og » 26 Jul 2016, 22:54

If you look back a couple of posts there is one where I changed the topic title. But it only applied to that one post. It didn't change the whole thread.
Icon wrote:
Liam Og wrote:See it only edited the topic on that one post. The thread stayed the same, and the first post doesn't have an edit option


Eh, I don't understand what you mean. I see no changes. But you told me you couldn't change it?

For future reference, if you change the title in your first post as OP, it changes the rest.

Oh well, leave it the mods.
Liam Og
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 51
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 19:21
In Taiwan since: 02 Apr 2009



Re: New regulations mean foreigners are excluded from public schools in Taiwan

Postby tommy525 » 26 Jul 2016, 22:56

Yeah Forumosa has a feature where after a certain time you can't edit your posts.
And my experience is that if you change the title , the rest of the thread still has the old title on it.
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Return to Parenting



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests

cron