Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Taobao delivery in TW ?

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Forum rules
1) Please search :pray: before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one. :pray:

3) Please post separately :pray: for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator asking for help. Happy posting!!! :rainbow:

Taobao delivery in TW ?

Postby Captain » 12 Jun 2016, 17:22

Hi,

I have seen somewhere that Taobao/Alibaba was asked to leave Taiwan ?

I am not sure what that means really and if can still order from Taobao in Mainland China with delivery here ?
If so, do we have to pay taxes or duties ? How long does it take usually ?

Thank you
Captain
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Taobao delivery in TW ?

Postby Andrew0409 » 12 Jun 2016, 19:32

you have to pay tax when customs get it. If they ship tobacco, they must declare it, if not and they get caught I think there's a hefty fine.
Andrew0409
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

Postby Doraemonster » 12 Jun 2016, 22:49

Captain wrote:I have seen somewhere that Taobao/Alibaba was asked to leave Taiwan ?

I am not sure what that means really and if can still order from Taobao in Mainland China with delivery here ?
If so, do we have to pay taxes or duties ? How long does it take usually ?

From what I remember they just needed to close their office and cannot advertise here but stuff gets delivered without issues, I've done it many times. You have to provide an ID number for the customs but I've never been assessed any duties or taxes. How long it takes depends on the forwarder/consolidator you choose, and on where the seller is located in China. It can be less than a week (order on Monday and get it delivered on Friday).

If you want it fast, make sure you choose SF Express as forwarder for sellers from Guangdong, as their warehouse is in Shenzhen, or any of the other ones if your sellers are closer to Shanghai, as this is where the rest of the warehouses are. Otherwise, expect to add 2-3 days extra for domestic shipping.

One limitation is that the official forwarders do not allow "special goods" (特貨), which includes anything with a Li-Ion battery, no matter how small. Shipping such stuff is also possible but you need to use a third-party consolidator or forwarder.

I wouldn't recommend getting into it though unless you are comfortable with your Chinese, as occasionally there are hiccups that can only be resolved by 阿里旺旺. Taobao website is also a pain in the ass to use.
Doraemonster

Location: Taibeishilisongshangaojigongnong Vocational High School

Postby Captain » 12 Jun 2016, 23:24

Great news, thanks a lot.
Taobao is a bit complicated for non Chinese speakers but with a good online translator + Chinese friend, it is still possible and there are so many funny/interesting things to be found.
Captain
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Where Can I Find...?