Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Work permit for 5-years Experience with no degree

Moderator: John

Work permit for 5-years Experience with no degree

Postby FruitPie » 15 Jun 2016, 19:15

I have an offer on the table for a job at one of the large tech companies here, in a senior creative position. I have no degree and have lived here on a working holiday visa. I understand there are two types of work permit; Degree with 2 years experience.. No degree = 5 years experience.

Can anyone who has applied for this work permit in the past tell me the whole process? what exactly do I need to have ready for them etc. I have had freelance clients for 5+ years who are businesses, but have only worked in agencys for 1-2 years at a time, not at one single agency for 5 years at once... Will that be a problem?

Many thanks, really would appreciate the advice!
FruitPie
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Work permit for 5-years Experience with no degree

Postby FruitPie » 16 Jun 2016, 17:00

there was a thread on this that I found like a month ago. I have no idea what I searched for but can't for the life of me find it again :(
FruitPie

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby dasaint » 16 Jun 2016, 20:23

All you need are employment certificates from companies you have worked for with cumulative 5 years experience. Not really sure if they will accept freelance experience though. That was the route I took 16 years ago when I first came here. 7 years experience in graphics design but without a degree.
I'm back!
dasaint
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby FruitPie » 16 Jun 2016, 22:17

Thanks for the reply man, so as long as my previous jobs add up to 5 years it will be ok?, for example 2 years at one agency, one place for a year, another place for 2 years?.. I don't have to be at a single job for 5 years ?
FruitPie

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby dasaint » 17 Jun 2016, 08:30

Yes that is correct. I had a total of 4 employment certificates that I submitted to my employer. They have to be notarized and submitted to the Taipei Economic Office in your country for authentication. Good luck on your new job!
I'm back!
dasaint

Postby FruitPie » 19 Jun 2016, 17:34

How would they be notarized? Mine are literally signed letters of recommendation from previous employers. Hmmm
FruitPie

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hsinhai78 » 20 Jun 2016, 04:00

FruitPie wrote:How would they be notarized? Mine are literally signed letters of recommendation from previous employers. Hmmm

Ask your nearest TECRO/TECO what they require to notarise documents.
hsinhai78
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

In Taiwan since: 01 Aug 2009

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Working in Taiwan