Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

SSD or RAM - to increase performance?

Moderator: Mick

Re: SSD or RAM - to increase performance?

Postby Baas Babelaas » 30 Jun 2016, 14:59

Win10. Seems alright.
Baas Babelaas
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby antarcticbeech » 30 Jun 2016, 16:32

Baas Babelaas wrote:Win10. Seems alright.

Normally I'd install some flavour of Ubuntu on my computer but the SSD is so fast I haven't been aggravated enough by Windows to get rid of it. Yet. I've been close at times. I have had some issues such as power management continuously disconnecting the USB ports, as though saving power takes priority over having a mouse and an internet connection :wall: . After going through the power management options and turning them all to 'maximum performance' this is issue is now solved for me unless I'm on battery power and the charge level hits 40% - then my mouse and internet will disconnect then reconnect. I also had some issues with the friggin quad 4 display, or whatever it's called, making Chrome show webpages at 1/4 of their intended size. But I fixed that (can't remember how). And Windows seemed to be battling Chrome for a while there but things have been better recently.

Occasionally I feel my computer getting hot, even though I'm only browsing the web with a couple of tabs open, and when I check the task manager the perpetrator is some anti-malware program. Then I start getting itchy fingers for Ubuntu again.
X
antarcticbeech
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

Postby Baas Babelaas » 01 Jul 2016, 10:34

nternet will disconnect then reconnect. I also had some issues with the friggin quad 4 display, or whatever it's called, making Chrome show webpages at 1/4 of their intended size. But I fixed that (can't remember how). And Windows seemed to be battling Chrome for a while there but things have been better recently.

Having issues with my internet disconnecting at times. Not sure if it's rubbish Chinese IPS's or the VPN. Or Win10? Suggestions?

What PC do you have?

EDIT: the bastard crashed this afternoon. Had to get the techie to fix it. Only had it a week.
Baas Babelaas

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Technology