Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

How can someone report abuse by an employer in Taiwan?

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

How can someone report abuse by an employer in Taiwan?

Postby AdamLazaruso » 04 Jul 2016, 11:01

I'm speaking on behalf of my girlfriend who's a Filipina migrant working in a factory here in Taiwan. Her employer has taken her passport and is refusing to give it back to her until her contract is up, they threaten to withhold earned pay from employees who don't basically do everything they say and they generally mistreat their employees. There was a case last year of an employee dying in the dormitories in which they're forced to live because the company won't even allow them to phone an ambulance without permission.

At my behest my girlfriend has agreed to report them but I can't find any information about how this can be done! Can anyone offer me any advice?
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 18
Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 19:30

Re: How can someone report abuse by an employer in Taiwan?

Postby Tempo Gain » 04 Jul 2016, 18:02

There's some relevant information here: ... &mp=iff_en

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
User avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
Posts: 12859
Joined: 16 Jul 2004, 22:41
Location: Taipei

Re: How can someone report abuse by an employer in Taiwan?

Postby jesus80 » 04 Jul 2016, 19:53

There's a "foreigner labour office" 8or something like that in Yangping street that focusses on blue colar and illegal workers cases. You can go there, to the Taipei city Hall (7th floor) and to another office near Ximending that I can't remember now.
User avatar
"Drinks for the House!"
Posts: 4125
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 10:31

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Legal Issues at Work

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests