Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Problem buying tech from PCHome

Moderator: Mick

Re: Problem buying tech from PCHome

Postby Dog's_Breakfast » 13 Jul 2016, 12:15

SuperS54 wrote:
Dog's_Breakfast wrote:Try to return them, and I can't get through to a real human being - phone calls to recorded messages, my emails seem like they're going to Mars. "Customer Service" is an oxymoron.

If you're talking about http://shopping.pchome.com.tw/ you don't need to talk to anyone to make a return. Log onto the site, go to the customer service center link, then the return link, you print out the cover letter it spits out, stick it on the original carton and they'll come and collect and refund your credit card, couldn't be simpler. I've returned many items over the years with zero hassle.

Over the years I believe I've tried to do that twice. Succeeded the first time, but dismal failure the second time. It may be, as someone suggested, because of privacy settings, but I don't really know. Anyway, that experience made me very skeptical of buying things from PCHome just to save a small amount of money. I'll still buy from them if it's the only source for a particular product I think I need, but I'm mentally prepared to accept the loss if it goes bad. If I can get what I want from a shop staffed by real live persons, I much prefer to go that route even if it costs a little more than an online purchase.
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
- Eric Hoffer
Dog's_Breakfast
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

Postby SuperS54 » 13 Jul 2016, 12:32

Dog's_Breakfast wrote:
SuperS54 wrote:
Dog's_Breakfast wrote:Try to return them, and I can't get through to a real human being - phone calls to recorded messages, my emails seem like they're going to Mars. "Customer Service" is an oxymoron.

If you're talking about http://shopping.pchome.com.tw/ you don't need to talk to anyone to make a return. Log onto the site, go to the customer service center link, then the return link, you print out the cover letter it spits out, stick it on the original carton and they'll come and collect and refund your credit card, couldn't be simpler. I've returned many items over the years with zero hassle.

Over the years I believe I've tried to do that twice. Succeeded the first time, but dismal failure the second time. It may be, as someone suggested, because of privacy settings, but I don't really know. Anyway, that experience made me very skeptical of buying things from PCHome just to save a small amount of money. I'll still buy from them if it's the only source for a particular product I think I need, but I'm mentally prepared to accept the loss if it goes bad. If I can get what I want from a shop staffed by real live persons, I much prefer to go that route even if it costs a little more than an online purchase.

For a lot of items PCHome is actually more expensive than bricks and mortar and certainly more than other online options, however it's because of the fast delivery (6 hours in a lot of cases) and generous and easy return policies that I occasionally use them. For instance Sunday noon my wife informed me that we were supposed to have a new blanket for my son's playschool on Monday, the thoughts of battling through traffic, parking, dealing with idiots and wasting half a day melting were less than appealing. Picked up the tablet, ordered 4 that looked like they fitted the bill on pchome, got on with life and got a call at 7 from downstairs to say the delivery had arrived. Picked out the one my son preferred, stuck the rest back in the box, printed off the RMA and dumped it back to the security guard. Possibly cost 100NT more than if I had trolled through shopping center but definitely worth it.

No idea what privacy setting could be impacting your return, for me if it's within 7 days I just go through the stated process, leave the carton with attached printout at our security station and wait for the refund.
SuperS54
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby Dog's_Breakfast » 14 Jul 2016, 09:55

SuperS54 wrote:For a lot of items PCHome is actually more expensive than bricks and mortar and certainly more than other online options, however it's because of the fast delivery (6 hours in a lot of cases) and generous and easy return policies that I occasionally use them. For instance Sunday noon my wife informed me that we were supposed to have a new blanket for my son's playschool on Monday, the thoughts of battling through traffic, parking, dealing with idiots and wasting half a day melting were less than appealing. Picked up the tablet, ordered 4 that looked like they fitted the bill on pchome, got on with life and got a call at 7 from downstairs to say the delivery had arrived. Picked out the one my son preferred, stuck the rest back in the box, printed off the RMA and dumped it back to the security guard. Possibly cost 100NT more than if I had trolled through shopping center but definitely worth it.

No idea what privacy setting could be impacting your return, for me if it's within 7 days I just go through the stated process, leave the carton with attached printout at our security station and wait for the refund.

To be fair, it's been several years since I had to return anything to PCHome, so perhaps their service has improved. Maybe they are OK now. I did order something from PCHome earlier this year (a Buffalo wifi router for my home network) and it arrived super-quick even though I'm in Taidong. Thankfully it had no defects, so I had no need to return it. Again, I would have preferred to buy from a bricks-and-mortar store, but this is Taidong and the selection of (quality) routers on the shelves is very limited.
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
- Eric Hoffer
Dog's_Breakfast

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Technology