I have recently been seriously thinking about starting a new church here in Taipei. I think that I would like to try to create a fully bilingual (English/Chinese) church, which is designed to serve local Taiwanese, and to give them a different church experience than existing churches in Taiwan offer. Perhaps something more like a combination of New York's Brooklyn Tabernacle, Redeemer Presbyterian, or Harlem Gospel, if that means anything to you. To do this I would need a group of Christians to help me, but I don't want to recruit from my existing church (偷羊). I am not sure of what website to use to recruit people to do this work. I have tried using tealit's language exchange boards, but they just delete my ads, and I understand. It's not exactly language exchange, but it seems to me that a lot of people want a chance to practice their english, so a weekly fully bilingual environment might make sense for them.
- I would prefer this to be more of a grassroots thing, so I'd prefer to not talk to some pastor of some big church or try to get a church to help me, although running ads in a Christian newspaper might be ok.
- To me, a church is a group of people. I am not concerned with what building it meets at. I would expect the church to just meet at my house or at my friend's church when they are not using it, until it gets big.
- I have all of the training necessary to do this work. I just don't know where to find people, without taking people needed by my existing church.
- I want it to be focused on meeting the needs of non-Christians, where they enjoy themselves!
- I would prefer younger people, like college or just graduated.
So, any ideas where or how to advertise, so I can build a team to do this?