Indeed. Maybe they might -woulda, coulda- have figured out how to remove the bolt if they had had time to read the instructions, but in the chaos, the fear, the heavy smoke and the lack of time... that was not possible.
They are still trying to figure out how the heck the bus caught fire so devastantingly so quickly.
The issue is that fully imported buses could be safer, original parts and all, but the taxes on them add to an onerous price. Some are proposing that legislation be passed so that imported buses can be used, say, 10 years, while locally modified buses only 6 tops. That would balane the cost. Still, the price is significantly lower for just importing the chasis and filling in teh interior with local stuff using local labor.
Problem with the locally modified is that people, customers, for example, demand karaoke, it is a vital part of the trip experience. Then we add TV sets, chargers in every seat, etc, BUT there is no legislation, no recommendations even, as to how much amperage, how many electric items can be plugged in the localy modified buses. So people keep adding refrigeratiors, drinking water machines, KTV and nmovie and screens and ... etc... without safety standards... because there are none. One phone charging needs little power. 40 phones charging at the same time, al lot. Meanwhile, you have air conditioning blasting, KTV speakers, lights, etc.
This company in particular had an "accident" in 2014, with a 2 YEAR OLD bus. One of the speakers in a sophisticated audio system short circuited, but people were able to escape. It raises questions as to what they are putting in when a 2 year old bus has such failure due to something that shouln't cause such a huge fire. But it did. And that is why it got worse with this one, wher ea 6 year old bus turns into a death trap in less than a minute.
The bus materials have to be examined, not just the power lines and such. The driver died of smoke inhalation. True, most materials when burning can kill you, but such a devastating fire and killing power hints at something worse.