Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Sick of searching jobs in Taiwan

Moderator: John

Sick of searching jobs in Taiwan

Postby Jimmy_L » 22 Jul 2016, 15:17

First of all, i love Taiwan, Taiwan has a really good culture among all Chinese country, eh, I mean the peoples, friendly, kind, and helpful.

I am a Malaysian who worked in Singapore for 11 years in engineering field, i did submit quite a lot of resume and I went for several interviews.

Most of the companies giving me an info that they faced difficulties when apply my work permit then they gave up and decided not to hire me == thats hurt XD

There's 2 main reasons that makes my working path hard:
1, foreigners who apply for technical and professional type of works in Taiwan are limited their salaries at least 47.9k Taiwan dollars ( this problem is easy, i can just find job at north side eg Taipei and eventually i solved this problem )
2, work permit duration, i did received a call from one of the company which dicided to hire me as their customer service engineer, sayings that they called to the council of labour to ask for work permit matter but they cant get an exact duration of the work permit and so, they decided not to hire me =(

Guys, any suggestions to a newbie here? ^_^ do i really need to go for a English test and apply a teacher job first then find my ideal job? ==
Jimmy_L
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Sick of searching jobs in Taiwan

Postby yyy » 22 Jul 2016, 23:24

Jimmy_L wrote:First of all, i love Taiwan, Taiwan has a really good culture among all Chinese country, eh, I mean the peoples, friendly, kind, and helpful.

I am a Malaysian who worked in Singapore for 11 years in engineering field, i did submit quite a lot of resume and I went for several interviews.

Most of the companies giving me an info that they faced difficulties when apply my work permit then they gave up and decided not to hire me == thats hurt XD

There's 2 main reasons that makes my working path hard:
1, foreigners who apply for technical and professional type of works in Taiwan are limited their salaries at least 47.9k Taiwan dollars ( this problem is easy, i can just find job at north side eg Taipei and eventually i solved this problem )
2, work permit duration, i did received a call from one of the company which dicided to hire me as their customer service engineer, sayings that they called to the council of labour to ask for work permit matter but they cant get an exact duration of the work permit and so, they decided not to hire me =(

Guys, any suggestions to a newbie here? ^_^ do i really need to go for a English test and apply a teacher job first then find my ideal job? ==

Work permits for language teachers are not merit-based, i.e. there's no test you can take. You need a passport from a country classified by MOFA as speaking the language you intend to teach.

For work permit issues in general... can you see yourself happily married to a Taiwanese? Because that's what they've decided the easiest path should be. :s
yyy
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby Jimmy_L » 22 Jul 2016, 23:44

erm.... thats what my Taiwanese friends told me , get a TOEFL or TOEIC or even IELTS then apply at tuition class , i dun even know if that works lol

and marriage to get emigrate , thats one of the solutions too but I have to get myself a gf first rite? XD
Jimmy_L

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby yyy » 23 Jul 2016, 00:13

Jimmy_L wrote:erm.... thats what my Taiwanese friends told me , get a TOEFL or TOEIC or even IELTS then apply at tuition class , i dun even know if that works lol

and marriage to get emigrate , thats one of the solutions too but I have to get myself a gf first rite? XD

I wasn't trying to recommend marriage, just pointing out that the option is there.

I don't have time now, but if you search for threads about work permits and passports you can find the past discussions about nationalities being recognized or not. Someone provided the exact name of the list of countries/languages recognized by MOFA. It should be the same as what they publish on their website in the information section on foreign countries (only available in the Chinese version), but for some countries the languages listed are different depending on whether you use the mobile version or the desktop version.
yyy

Postby Jimmy_L » 23 Jul 2016, 12:53

Yes I saw the post already, thnx ya ^^
Jimmy_L

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby michaeltlehmkuhl » 25 Jul 2016, 10:23

I don't know about looking for a job but I am willing to invest in real estate in Taiwan, if anyone has knowledge about this, please i will like to work together with you.

Just for a brief background, i own a real estate company in the US, I know how real estate works but I need someone i can communicate with in Taiwan, who
understands the country.

Please leave me a message if your interested.
michaeltlehmkuhl

In Taiwan since: 10 Dec 2016

Postby Icon » 25 Jul 2016, 10:46

michaeltlehmkuhl wrote:I don't know about looking for a job but I am willing to invest in real estate in Taiwan, if anyone has knowledge about this, please i will like to work together with you.

Just for a brief background, i own a real estate company in the US, I know how real estate works but I need someone i can communicate with in Taiwan, who
understands the country.

Please leave me a message if your interested.

Hope you find a decent partner that will explain the massive real estate bubble we have in Taiwan. Unless you wnat to capitalize when the blood floods the streets...
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Working in Taiwan