Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Renewing JFRV ARC

Procedures, processes, JFRV, potential documentation difficulties, whether to get married in Taiwan or overseas, as well as legal basis for divorce in Taiwan, including all related problems and pitfalls, child custody, alimony payments, abandonment, extra-marital affairs, and other complications...
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Renewing JFRV ARC

Postby Bu Lai En » 21 Jan 2013, 19:08

Lo Bo To wrote:I'm going to need to renew my JFRV in the next couple of weeks. I have a few questions:

1. Will they ask for my wife's ID? Or just a copy may suffice?

2. Can I just bring in a piece of mail or do they need my rental contract? The place I am renting is under someone else's name so I'm not sure about this. I moved to Xiandian from down south more than a year ago and haven't updated my address on my ARC since then.

3. I live in Xiandian. What office should I go to?

1. You just need her name and number.

2. Not sure.

3. Zhonghe
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

Postby jlick » 22 Jan 2013, 03:00

See my recent post for what you need: http://flob.me/p1488637

Your wife's ID or copy, or her presence are not required. Her name and ID number are already on the household registration certificate. I've done the last three renewals completely on my own, other than having my wife get a current household registration certificate.

For proof of address I've heard that you may use a utility bill in your wife's or your name, but you may want to verify this. If it turns out to not be possible to prove your residence address, an alternative is to register with the address on the household registration, though that may be inconvenient in your case.
jlick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

In Taiwan since: 17 Nov 1999

Postby bivio » 17 Oct 2013, 13:16

Tank you all for the useful info, today i renewed my JFRV ARC, i confirm jlick list of needed stuff

1) ARC and copy
2) Passport and copy
3) Spouse's Household Registration certified printout 戶籍謄本 less then 3 month old
4) one Photo
5) $3000 for 3-year renewal
6) Application form (can be downloaded here http://www.immigration.gov.tw/public/Da ... 064471.pdf)

they keep your ARC, and need 2 weeks to get the new one.

regards
bivio
bivio
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby elgemo » 16 Jan 2014, 23:39

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can follow this steps to renew my ARC after it is expired because I haven't stayed for more than 180 days per year? :loco: :eh:
elgemo

Postby hsinhai78 » 17 Jan 2014, 01:25

elgemo wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if I can follow this steps to renew my ARC after it is expired because I haven't stayed for more than 180 days per year? :loco: :eh:

Are you still within the validity dates printed on the ARC but stayed out of the country for a duration of more than180 days per year OR did you remain outside of Taiwan and you are now outside of the validity dates printed on the card? These are two entirely different situations.

A JFRV is not affected in its validity by scenario one, although naturalization/APRC eligibility time frames do get affected. Scenario two would mean an entirely new application for you.
hsinhai78
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

In Taiwan since: 01 Aug 2009

Postby elgemo » 17 Jan 2014, 15:48

Thanks for your answer. I do not have the ARC yet, but I am considering what is the best solution when I receive It. I also want to get the driving license, but I will stay only one month per year in Taiwan. I will have to go back to renew it before it will expire...
Entirely new application means, all the documents are required again? Criminal record etc.?
elgemo

Postby hsinhai78 » 18 Jan 2014, 22:00

elgemo wrote: Entirely new application means, all the documents are required again? Criminal record etc.?

Yes, that's what it means. So better make sure to be back in time for renewal.
hsinhai78

In Taiwan since: 01 Aug 2009

Postby Damage » 03 Mar 2015, 11:41

bivio wrote:Tank you all for the useful info, today i renewed my JFRV ARC, i confirm jlick list of needed stuff

1) ARC and copy
2) Passport and copy
3) Spouse's Household Registration certified printout 戶籍謄本 less then 3 month old
4) one Photo
5) $3000 for 3-year renewal
6) Application form (can be downloaded here http://www.immigration.gov.tw/public/Da ... 064471.pdf)

they keep your ARC, and need 2 weeks to get the new one.

regards
bivio

Does anyone know if all of this information is still current? I need to renew mine next month. Thank you!
Damage
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Feef » 02 Jun 2015, 00:24

I appreciate that this is a little late for you now, but for anyone else, yes, that's all I needed when I renewed mine in February. Had proof of address too, but wasn't asked for it. Only took about a week for me actually, totally painless procedure (NIA in Tainan).
Feef

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Marriage