Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

7-11 ATM Fees in Taiwan

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

7-11 ATM Fees in Taiwan

Postby freethinker83 » 01 Mar 2011, 07:15

Hey Everyone,
I tried doing a search but couldnt find a topic discussing exactly what I needed to know. Especially since I need current information. I will be moving to Taiwan in 3 weeks and would like to know what fees may be incurred from the ATM company from the 7-11 stores. For example, I know my bank charges me only a 2 percent fee for international ATM's however informed me that the ATM company may also charge me a fee. Does anyone know what this fee normally is at a 7-11 ATM? Thanks in advance :bow:
Mike Price
麥克 普瑞斯
www.ThinkTaiwan.com
Connecting the World to Taiwan
freethinker83
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: 7-11 ATM Fees in Taiwan

Postby kjmillig » 01 Mar 2011, 07:40

Since ATMs at 7-11 are owned and operated by different banks, there's not one set fee. It's been a long time since I used my US bank card at an ATM, so I don't remember what I was charged. I don't recall it being much though.
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race [except in Taiwan]. ~paraphrased from H.G. Wells
kjmillig
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

Postby freethinker83 » 01 Mar 2011, 07:48

kjmillig wrote:Since ATMs at 7-11 are owned and operated by different banks, there's not one set fee. It's been a long time since I used my US bank card at an ATM, so I don't remember what I was charged. I don't recall it being much though.

Thanks for your quick reply! I don't remember either but I did it several times last year. I am just trying to choose which bank I want to go with. One charges 2 percent the other charges me a flat 5 dollars. So I want to know the general ATM fee in 7-11 so I can add this up and do the math at which bank will be better to use there. Thanks!
Mike Price
麥克 普瑞斯
www.ThinkTaiwan.com
freethinker83

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Joschka » 01 Mar 2011, 10:36

It depends on the type of account you have.

I pay no fees at all. I can get cash at any ATM.
Jim Kay
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I like to think intelligence is contagious. Unfortunately, it isn't" Gore VIdal
Joschka

Postby Naughtius » 01 Mar 2011, 11:06

Joschka wrote:It depends on the type of account you have.

I pay no fees at all. I can get cash at any ATM.

But I think the OP is withdrawing money from his overseas bank account. So there would definitely be a fee, but I couldn't tell you exactly how much.
Naughtius
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Adam_CLO » 01 Mar 2011, 11:12

FWIW, the 7-11 ATMs I use display a message saying there will be an additional $100 NT fee added to whatever transaction costs my overseas bank charges ($5 in my case). However I don't see this message when I use the ATMs at Family Mart.
Adam_CLO
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Postby zyzzx » 01 Mar 2011, 11:37

Why 7-11? Why not go to a bank? I don't recall paying fees to withdraw money with my foreign card at bank ATMs (of course that was a while back, so I may not be remembering properly...)
My card's foreign transaction fee was still ridiculous, but that's another story.
zyzzx
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Postby freethinker83 » 01 Mar 2011, 12:53

Thanks for everyone's replies. But I don't see why an ATM would not charge a fee I thought all of them do especially because it is an American bank im withdrawing funds from. But, the person who posted about not seeing this message at family mart thanks! I will try that. My bank of America accounts charges a 5 dollar fee each time I withdraw any amount of money in Taiwan. However, my other account which ING Direct only charges a 2 percent fee of the amount im withdrawing.
Mike Price
麥克 普瑞斯
www.ThinkTaiwan.com
freethinker83

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Nuit » 20 Apr 2016, 20:35

Adam_CLO wrote:FWIW, the 7-11 ATMs I use display a message saying there will be an additional $100 NT fee added to whatever transaction costs my overseas bank charges ($5 in my case). However I don't see this message when I use the ATMs at Family Mart.

All 7-11 ATMs now suddenly want to charge me that $100 NT fee to make a withdrawal of my own money :fume:. It was free for me for a long long time, despite the above quoted post. No idea why the sudden change - if it's my bank or the Taiwan bank that runs the machines.
It's raining again here.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
Nuit
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Money